Oh, Hello. Welcome

Oh, Hello. Welcome
CLICK PHOTO ABOVE TO READ MORE ABOUT ME

Let's Stay In Touch




Followers

Places I Love

The Paper Mama

High tea at the prettiest patisserie ...

Saturday, January 19, 2013
For Christmas, my husband gave me a little certificate which said I'd be having high tea in January at Patisserie Fur Elise, a new French pastry shop downtown. It was the PERFECT gift because I've been dying to check this place out for months. 



The patisserie is in a lovely Queen Anne-style Victorian heritage house. It's gorgeously decorated, with round wood tables and plush, comfy chairs. The teacups are exquisite, as you can see from the photo above, and there are crystal chandeliers everywhere. I truly felt like I was a princess sipping tea in my urban chateau. We found out from our waitress that the patisserie was actually a wedding gift from a generous groom to his pastry chef bride. He gave her carte blanche and she designed the entire shop from scratch, ordering custom-made chairs and tables and fabrics. I think that's incredibly romantic! I wish I had taken some photos of the building and the tea room but I got really distracted by all the delicious treats coming out to our table. 

Treats like these ...



We started off choosing tea from the tea menu (I chose an award-winning black tea from Taiwan; Alan selected a rooibos tea) and then our food was brought out. It was a great mix of sweet and savoury: croissants, whipped mousse, French macarons, scones and the most amazing cucumber dill sandwich. I've been to high tea before but this was Alan's first high tea experience. I think he was a little taken aback by the pink decor and the extremely girly feel of the place, but in the end the amazing food won him over. 


Everything was delish, but that little pastry in front (pink with the white chantilly cream) was my favorite. Strawberry mousse that was so light I could've easily eaten a dozen in one sitting! Luckily for me, they aren't just a tea room .. they also sell pastries in their shop, including full-size ones of all the desserts shown above. I'm sure I'll be back several times - for the high tea and to pick up a few take-home treats when I need a pick-me-up.

If you're in the Vancouver area you should definitely check them out:  Patisserie Fur Elise, 847 Hamilton Street (one block from Robson). Reservations recommended. 

3 comments:

  1. How incredible! So beautiful! I wonder if we have anything like this in montreal! I adore the tea cup! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are great! This place looks darling. I need to see if we have anything like that around here.

    chevronsandanchors.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, everything looks and sounds delicious!! Definitely going to add Patisserie Fur Elise to my list of places to visit in Vancouver :)

    xo,
    katrina
    thedemuremuse.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate feedback and love when people share their opinions ... but comments that are offensive (read: rude and mean-spirited) will be deleted, pronto. Let's all promote what we love instead of bashing what we hate! xo